Windows 7 password reset disk is a form of protection mechanism against lost Windows 7 passwords. With Windows password reset disk , if you forget your password, you can reset it. If you wait until you’ve forgotten your password, it’ll be too late. Microsoft also recommends password reset disk for local accounts.
If you want to create a password reset disk please follow steps below:
- Make sure you’re signed in with your local account (online / live accounts are not supported)
- Plug a USB flash drive into your PC.
- In the search box on the taskbar, type reset, and then pick Create a password reset disk from the list of results.
- In the Forgotten Password wizard, select Next. Choose your USB flash drive and select Next.
- Type your current password and select Next. When the wizard is done, select Finish.
- Remove the USB flash drive and keep it in a safe place where you’ll remember it.
In this tutorial we have shown you how to create a Windows 7 password reset disk. This password reset disk restores access to Windows if you’ve forgotten your password. It’s a useful step to take if you tend to forget your password.
Just be sure to actually create password reset disk before you actually loose the password, but one way or another we can help you resolve your issues without a hassle.
What if you lost the windows 7 password reset disk or you don’t have one?
Sometimes people loose their password reset disk or they want to create the Windows password reset disk when they already don’t remember the Windows login password.
In this case the easiest method is to use KON-BOOT utility. KON-BOOT tool will let you to login into any Windows machine (including Windows 7) without knowing the password. With KON-BOOT tool you don’t need to have the Windows 7 password reset disk.